We believe that the world-class golfing facilities are judged by the overall experience from the moment the patrons enter the facility to the time they leave. We are the creators of exceptional golfing experiences which we believe, drives volume and profitability in establishments.
Golf is not just about scoring. “It is a walk in the park, an experience for all the senses and hours of incomparable therapy. Golfers should leave the course with an irresistible urge to return.“
The top golfing facilities around the world are judged not only by the golfing experience but also by the overall experience from the moment the patrons enter the facility.
Club Management History
The Matkovich Group’s core business is the the design and construction of magnificent golf facilities BUT creating sustainable, profitable golf businesses for our clients is imperative to our mission and market place credibility. It was therefore seen as essential to add a club management to our service offering to give the client a complete solution.
Matkovich Golf Management is a separate entity created within the Matkovich Group structures to fulfil this identified need.
We naturally have a vested interest in all golf courses we design and build to ensure that the product is viable and ultimately profitably for the investors and shareholders. This is our principal goal and mission in the Matkovich Golf Management division.
The Matkovich Group has a vast background in the Golf Club Management industry as a provider of expert guidance from a panel of experienced professionals. We have managed the pre and post operational requirements as well as numerous launches for the developers of many courses that have opened in the last 10 years.
Examples of projects include:
- Ebotse Golf and Country Estate
- Cotswold Downs Golf Estate
- Simbithi Country Club
- Pinnacle Point Golf Resort
- Elements Private Golf Reserve
- Sea Cliff Resort, Zanzibar
- Bonanza, Zambia
- Avalon Golf Estate, Mauritius
- Mont Choisy Le Golf, Mauritius
An Overview of our Services
- Golf Retail
- Food & Beverage
- Business Strategy
- Human Resource
- Operations Man.
- Stakeholder Man.
- Contract Negotiation
Purpose of club management consultancy
- Ensure all potential club operations revenues are maximized to create a viable and profitable entity
- To allow the club access to a range of specialists without having to employ the skills. Thereby saving costs.
- Ensure that the golf club operations and procedures are expertly instituted and managed.
- Allow clubs to keep up with international standards and best practices
- For regular operational and agronomic audits by industry experts
- Resort promotion through joint group marketing efforts
- To create savings through joint purchasing initiatives
Matko Golf Course Management
- 25 years industry experience
- Previously owned and managed seven On Course golf operations including Killarney, Houghton and the Wanderers.
- Golf Director at Kyalami and Killarney Golf Club
- PGA Fellow Professional
- Consultant to Investec Property Group specifically in the area of golf club operations & marketing of 14 golf courses within their portfolio
- Business development of Retail Tribe International (the marketing communications media for over 1000 courses in the US, UK & South Africa)
- Business Development for the PGA of South Africa
Matko Golf Course Management
- 13 years experience in golf course management at prestigious establishments.
- Excellent understanding of Mauritian Golf Market through experience gained as General Manager of Heritage Golf Club (2012 – 2015)
- PGA Fellow Golf Professional
- BCom Economics Cum Laude
- Expert Event Coordinator, conceptualised and initiated the AfrAsia Bank Mauritius Open.
- Currently Chairperson of Tournament Organising Committee
- Permanently based in Mauritius
Matko Group Golf Course Designer
- South Africa’s foremost golf course architect with over 30 projects on the African Continent.
- Current Projects include Mont Choisy Golf Estate (Mauritius) Oppenheimer Park (South Africa) & Bonanza Golf Club (Zambia)
- Extensive knowledge of club operations, used to own and manage the club operation at Umhlali Golf Club
Matko Group Director of Agronomy
- 25 years industry experience consulting to top golf courses throughout South Africa
- Currently overseas 14 of South Africa’s finest golf courses